Wednesday 15 June 2011

Coal Seam Gas Exploration in Australia 2011



http://youtu.be/smP9tL_e3U8

Abandoned Metgasco coal seam gas exploration site in June 2011 – waste water storage leaking and overflowing at Dobie’s Bight Road in the Dyraaba area on the NSW North Coast.

From coalseamgasnews:
Update; So two days later they have cleaned this up after me making a complaint, I happened to visit it again while they where there. They just filled it in, covered it all with dirt without removing the water. So I'm not sure how effective that was. Like I said I don't know what was in these ponds, produced water, drilling fluid, rainwater, whatever it was at some point chemicals or toxic water were probably stored in those ponds and even if they pumped it out and what I'm looking at is rainwater, you'd think they'd also remove the contaminated plastic liner when they pumped it out? Instead, now they let it flush out for months and have just buried it. The nearby creek runs into he Richmond River.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

imagine how these produced water pits are currently overflowing all over the country in all this wet weather.