Friday 14 March 2008

When blogs begin to breed like rabbits in the night

Being a novice blogger who views the world-wide web as something akin to 'magik' (don't ask - it's a generational thing), it didn't take long before I was overwhelmed by the number of Australian blogs out there in hyperspace.
It almost seemed that, whenever I turned my PC off for the day, blogs of all varieties began to multiply inside the idle monitor while I slept.
I tried keeping a list of sites I liked, but was often diverted by the strange and obscure and lost my way in an evergrowing blog maze.
So it was some relief to find these two compilation sites. Kwoff which posts what interests readers with an immediacy I like, and Club Troppo's The Missing Link Daily which has a fine eye for the interesting or quirky comment and can deliver an email version.
Think I'll ditch that printed list from now on and check these sites first.
Otherwise I'll have to lay a couple of steel-jawed traps on my desk each night to keep those blog bunnies under control.

1 comment:

Colin Campbell said...

I feel just like you. Just as we have less and less time to blog and read blogs, there are more to consider. Very challenging. I like Kwoff and Missing Link too.